“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ”
― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
10,000 Leagues is a collection of whimsy and joy, inspired by the wonders of the sea and the classic works of Jules Verne. Verne described the ocean as “a perfect kaleidoscope of green, yellow, orange, violet, indigo, and blue… the whole palette of an enthusiastic colourist!” It is the swirling myriad of colour and life embodied within the deep waters and shallow pools of the ocean that I have tried to capture in this collection.
Deep Water Lionfish Dangles
- Approx. 5.6cm length and 3.8cm width
- Acrylic components cut from a mixture of luminous blossom petal and gorgeous gold mirror acrylics
- Resin components hand-mixed and poured with gorgeous pigments and glitter highlights
- Stainless steel stud backs
- Made and designed in Brisbane, Australia
Please note: Due to the handmade nature of this product, each pair of 10,000 Leagues earrings is unique. As such, each pair may have varied pigment, glitter and resin densities and different paint placement- these are not considered to be faults but features that make these pieces more unique and beautiful.